- Attorney-at-law in Brussels since 2001 @Dutch Brussels Bar
- Chair Regional Taxes Task Force @American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium (AmCham Belgium)
- Member Legal & Taxation Committee @AmCham Belgium
- President Election Committee @Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats – International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Elected member Executive Committee @AIJA
- Scientific Work Coordinator @AIJA congress London September 2015
- Volunteer @çavaria
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Ecole Supérieure des Sciences Fiscales (ICHEC), Brussel
Diplôme en sciences fiscales.
University of Cambridge
Summer School in English Legal Methodes
– 2009 ,
Febelfin Academy, Brussel
Certified private banker
– 2012 ,
ILEC legal English level C1
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Master in Notarial Law – cum laude
- 31 August 2017: I Tax Robot – Automatic Exchange of Information, Tokyo, International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- 25 August 2017: Immigration to Belgium: estate planning issues, Sint-Niklaas, M&D Seminars and LegalNews.be
- 1 July 2017: Manage your firm – Become naturally a good manager!, Ljubljana, AIJA
- 9 February 2017: Bank gifts: Flemish administrative positions (Flemish tax administration) and rulings, Diegem, Kluwer
- 2 December 2016: Bank gifts: Flemish administrative positions and rulings, Sint-Niklaas, LegalNews.be
- 26 November 2015: Charity legacies, Sint-Niklaas, M&D Seminars
- 9 April 2015: Wealth protection and planning for cohabiting same sex couples, Brighton, AIJA
- 27 November 2014: Estate planning and minors, Sint-Niklaas, M&D Seminars
- 18 September 2014: Estate planning and minors, Leuven, M&D Seminars
- 20 June 2014: OC and Moderator on “Migration of settlors and beneficiaries of trusts and foundations” at the joint AIJA / IBA seminar on “Trusts and foundations in international estate planning”- “Governance and succession planning for the family business” (IBA: International Bar Association), Berlin
- 27 March 2014: Forced heirship rules in 2014, Sint-Niklaas, M&D Seminars
- 19 March 2014: Estate planning for expats, Leuven, M&D Seminars
- 8 November 2013: Immigration and the need for tax & estate planning, Gent, M&D Seminars
- 17-22 September 2013: general reporter Private Clients Commission AIJA congress Buenos Aires (Argentina) for the working session on the topic “Civil status, financial claims, parental responsibility and inheritance (tax) issues in unmarried and same sex couples”
- 4 March 2013: Recent developments in estate planning, Moerkerke, Crelan
- 13 December 2012: Anti-abuse rules in income tax and inheritance tax, Sint-Niklaas, FB-Private Wealth Law
- 12 October 2012: Charity legacies, Brussels, Rainbow Friends vzw
HOW IT STARTED
After obtaining my law degree, I started my traineeship at the bar. I dealt with various legal issues and assisted clients in various types of procedures including commercial, contractual and tax disputes. This general background gives me valuable skills for my private client work today.
In these matters, I learned that tax issues have an important influence on business decisions. The interaction between private matters and tax is even more complex: personal motifs are often much more important. Therefore, I wanted to obtain a tax degree at the “Ecole Supérieure des Sciences Fiscales” in Brussels.
Once I had completed this, I joined the Wealth Analysis & Planning department of a major Belgian bank. My principal task was twofold: on the one hand, I answered questions from clients regarding estate planning, marriage contracts, wills, registration and inheritance tax, income taxes, family companies etc… On the other hand, I gave presentations for selected groups of clients within the bank’s own network.
On these topics, I also gave training to the bank’s commercial employees.
Thanks to a close cooperation with private bankers and my training as a certified private banker, I also gained insight into the financial aspects of estate planning. This also gave me valuable skills for my work today.
The call to return to the bar proved to be too strong. I joined the private clients practice of an international law firm in Brussels (Loyens & Loeff) where I advised on Belgian tax for international private clients. End 2012, I started my own law firm, FB-Private Wealth Law.
In October 2016, I started an LLM in notarial studies at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB).
Alleenstaanden zijn het laaghangend fruit van de erfbelastingen tijd.be/r/t/1/id/10181…4 weeks ago
RT @gerdgoyvaerts: Beroepsgeheim staat steeds meer onder druk - En dat bij diverse beroepsbeoefenaars die er aan onderworpen zijn. https:/…4 weeks ago